I am preparing for a guided tour of Tayu, one of small fishing villages in Matsue City, scheduled for October. Fortunately, a former “Local Vitalization Cooperator” (LVC) in Matsue got interested in my tour. A part of the tour is climbing up to the cliff overlooking Ikesu, a gorgeous and scary fishing spot. This morning I checked the path to the cliff and found the assist rope torn in the middle. I felt I was lucky because it might be a huge tragedy if it happened during the tour. I managed to tie the two broken ropes, but the total length of it became shorter. As a result, I couldn’t tie the mended rope to a tree strongly enough. I definitely needed another piece of rope. I went to Kurauchi Bay. I remembered I had seen a coil of unused rope on the side of the path to the bay. I extracted a certain portion of the rope from the coil and returned to Ikesu to make the unreliable assist rope reliable again. I had planned to do some fishing at Ikesu, but I got too tired for fishing today.
(松江市の小さな漁村、手結へのガイドツアーを10月に予定しており、その準備を進めています。ありがたいことに、松江市の元「地域おこし協力隊」の方が、私のツアーに興味を持ってくれたのです。ツアーには、美しくも恐ろしい釣り場である生須を見下ろす絶壁への登山が組み込まれています。今朝、絶壁へ至るその小道を確認したところ、補助ロープが途中で千切れているのを発見しました。ツアー中にこれが起きていたら大変な悲劇になっていたかもしれないので、幸運だと思いました。千切れた2本のロープをなんとか結び合わせましたが、全長が短くなってしまいました。そのため、修繕したロープを木にしっかりと結びつけることができませんでした。もう1本、別のロープが必要でした。私は倉内湾へ行きました。湾へ至る小道の脇に、使われていないロープの束が置いてあったのを思い出したのです。その束からロープを少し取り出して、生須に戻り、不確かな補助ロープを再び確かなものにしました。生須で釣りをする予定だったのですが、今日は疲れ過ぎてしまい、釣りをする気になれませんでした。)

No comments:
Post a Comment