About this blog (このブログのこと)

My photo
After living in the United States for 15 years, I came back to my hometown Matsue, a small city in the western part of Japan, in November 2014. I imposed a simple rule on myself. Use only American saltwater lures for at least one year and report what they catch...... When a year had passed since then, I decided not to lift this ridiculous restriction. I am still using only American lures.(2014年11月、15年間のアメリカ生活を終え、島根県松江市に帰郷した私は、自分自身に一つのルールを課しました。少なくとも1年間、アメリカのソルトルアーだけを使い、釣果を報告すること......。そして1年が経過した時、私は、この馬鹿馬鹿しい制約を解除しないことに決めました。今もまだ、アメリカのルアーだけを使っているのです。)

Sep 29, 2026

(No. 1465) No Fish at Kurauchi Bay and Nanbo in Etomo Harbor (倉内湾と恵曇港の南防にて釣果なし)





There were patches of sarashi (white churning water) along the shore of Kurauchi Bay at 3 p.m. today. It looked like a few nice Japanese sea bass were lurking under the sarashi, but it was not the case. If it had been the case, the first or the second cast of my plug would have brought in the fish. I quickly concluded nothing was under the sarashi. Instead of throwing my plugs in vain, I mended the signboard on which the letters were fading. It has to say more clearly, “Don’t throw cigarette butts away. Don’t litter.” Then, I went to Nanbo, one of breakwaters in Etomo Harbor, and threw my favorite plugs several times, but nothing happened. As usual, I just enjoyed standing on the shore and facing the quiet sea.
  (今日の午後3時、倉内湾の岸辺には、サラシ(かき混ぜられた白い水)がいくつかできていました。サラシの下には、良型のスズキが何匹か潜んでいるように見えましたが、そうではありませんでした。もしそうだったのであれば、プラグを1、2回投げただけで、魚が釣れたはずなのです。サラシの下には何もいないとすぐに判断しました。プラグを無駄に投げる代わりに、文字が薄れかけていた看板を修理しました。「タバコをポイ捨てしないでね。ゴミも捨てないで」と、もっとはっきり書かれていなければならないのです。その後、恵曇港の防波堤の一つである南防に行き、お気に入りのプラグを何度か投げてみましたが、何も起きませんでした。いつものように、ただ岸辺に立ち、静かな海を眺めることに満足しました。)

No comments:

Post a Comment