About this blog (このブログのこと)

My photo
After living in the United States for 15 years, I came back to my hometown Matsue, a small city in the western part of Japan, in November 2014. I imposed a simple rule on myself. Use only American saltwater lures for at least one year and report what they catch...... When a year had passed since then, I decided not to lift this ridiculous restriction. I am still using only American lures.(2014年11月、15年間のアメリカ生活を終え、島根県松江市に帰郷した私は、自分自身に一つのルールを課しました。少なくとも1年間、アメリカのソルトルアーだけを使い、釣果を報告すること......。そして1年が経過した時、私は、この馬鹿馬鹿しい制約を解除しないことに決めました。今もまだ、アメリカのルアーだけを使っているのです。)

Sep 2, 2026

(No. 1451) No Fish with My First Shimano Spinning Reel in Many Years at Maruiwa in Owashi (大芦の丸岩にて何十年ぶりにシマノのスピニングリールを使って釣果なし)








First of all, let me talk about my latest second-hand spinning reel. It’s a Shimano! I don’t remember when is the last time I used a Shimano spinning reel. It’s a long long time ago, and I don’t even remember the model name of the reel. A few days ago I was browsing around in one of local tackle shops and found a second-hand 2021 Shimano Spheros SW-A 8000HG reel. In general, I am not interested in modern Japanese reels, but somehow I felt like holding it in my hand. The reel was on the farthest and least visited shelf in the shop, which might be why. The reel felt amazingly good. The next moment I was selling my two PENN Spinfisher 750SSMs to the shop in order to buy the Shimano.
(まず最初に、私の最新の中古スピニングリールについて触れさせてください。なんとシマノ製なのです! 最後にシマノのスピニングリールを使ったのがいつだったか、覚えていません。それはもうずいぶん昔のことで、そのリールのモデル名すら覚えていません。数日前、近所の釣具店をぶらぶらしていたところ、中古の21年型シマノ・スフェロス SW 8000HGリールを見つけたのです。私は通常、日本のモダンなリールにはあま​​り興味がないのですが、その時は、なぜか手に取ってみたくなりました。そのリールが、店の一番奥の、あまり人が訪れない棚に置いてあったせいかもしれません。そして、その感触は驚くほど良かったのです。次の瞬間、私はそのシマノを買うために、私の2台のスピンフィッシャー750SSMをその店に売っていました。)
My impulse-buy might have been influenced by Mr. Alan Hawk, who I believe is the most sincere and thorough reel critic in the world. His reviews of the 2021 Spheros SW-A and the 2020 Saragosa SW-A are very good read as well as his other reviews. This morning I was very happy with my Spheros at Maruiwa in Owashi although no fish responded. Now I have to be careful not to hold another Shimano spinning reel in my hand because, to my surprise, the Spheros reels are the lowest-end model in all Shimano saltwater spinning reels. The Spheros is more than enough for me. Please don’t make me feel how much better their upper models are. I am afraid I would pay too much money for a reel. I am afraid I would do another impulse-buy.
(私のこの衝動買いに影響を与えたのは、世界で最も誠実で徹底したリール評論家だと私が思うアラン・ホーク氏かもしれません。 21年型スフェロス20年型サラゴサについての彼のレビューは、彼の他のレビューと同様に、非常に読み応えがあるものです。今朝、魚からの反応はなかったものの、大芦の丸岩でスフェロスを使う私は、とても幸せでした。今、私は、シマノの他のスピニングリールを手に取らないよう注意しています。なぜなら、驚いたことに、スフェロスはシマノの海用スピニングリールの中で、最も低価格なモデルらしいのです。私にはスフェロスで十分です。上位モデルがどれほど良い感触なのか、どうか私に感じさせないでください。なぜなら私は怖い。リールにお金をかけすぎてしまうのではないかと。また衝動買いをしてしまうのではないかと。)

No comments:

Post a Comment