About this blog (このブログのこと)

My photo
After living in the United States for 15 years, I came back to my hometown Matsue, a small city in the western part of Japan, in November 2014. I imposed a simple rule on myself. Use only American saltwater lures for at least one year and report what they catch...... When a year had passed since then, I decided not to lift this ridiculous restriction. I am still using only American lures.(2014年11月、15年間のアメリカ生活を終え、島根県松江市に帰郷した私は、自分自身に一つのルールを課しました。少なくとも1年間、アメリカのソルトルアーだけを使い、釣果を報告すること......。そして1年が経過した時、私は、この馬鹿馬鹿しい制約を解除しないことに決めました。今もまだ、アメリカのルアーだけを使っているのです。)

Oct 2, 2026

(No. 1467) Beautiful Isaki (Japanese grunt) at Kurauchi Bay (倉内湾にて美しきイサキ)





As you may know, I cannot catch fish these days. So I tend to say, “There are much fewer fish than before. Most likely due to the climate change. Sad, sad, sad.” But, I might be just wrong. Actually, there might be a lot of fish in the sea, and it’s just like my fishing or my big American plugs are not very effective in catching them. This morning I introduced one of my old classmates to Kurauchi Bay. He seemed excited because he had recently purchased new rod and reel for the first time in several years. He said his new tackle felt so light. And he used a cheap small metal jig that you can buy only at one of general discount shops, not a genuine fishing tackle shop. And it didn't take him much time to catch a beautiful isaki (Japanese grunt). I took a picture of his metal jig with two of my American plugs for the size comparison. Maybe I should use smaller jigs if I really want to catch fish? But, is that really what I want to do? Somebody please tell me!! Nobody knows including myself. Hahaha.
(ご存じの通り、最近、私には魚が釣れません。「以前より魚がずっと少なくなったな。おそらく気候変動のせいだろう。悲しい、悲しい、悲しいことだ」と私は、よく言います。でも、もしかしたら私は間違っているのかもしれません。本当は海にはたくさん魚がいるのに、私の釣り方や私の大きなアメリカ製プラグでは釣れないだけなのかもしれないのです。今朝、昔のクラスメートを倉内湾に連れて行きました。彼は数年ぶりに新しい竿とリールを買ったばかりで、とても興奮しているようです。新しいタックルはとても軽いぜ、と言っていました。彼は、本格的な釣具店ではなく、ディスカウントショップでしか買えないような安物の小さなメタルジグを使っていました。そして、あっという間に美しいイサキを釣り上げたのです。サイズを比較するため、彼のメタルジグと私のアメリカ製プラグ2つを並べて写真に撮りました。私も、本当に魚を釣りたいのなら、もっと小さなジグを使うべきなのでしょうか? でも、本当にそれが私のやりたいことなのでしょうか? 誰か教えてください!! 誰にも分からないのです。私自身も含めて。ははは。)

No comments:

Post a Comment