About this blog (このブログのこと)

My photo
After living in the United States for 15 years, I came back to my hometown Matsue, a small city in the western part of Japan, in November 2014. I imposed a simple rule on myself. Use only American saltwater lures for at least one year and report what they catch...... When a year had passed since then, I decided not to lift this ridiculous restriction. I am still using only American lures.(2014年11月、15年間のアメリカ生活を終え、島根県松江市に帰郷した私は、自分自身に一つのルールを課しました。少なくとも1年間、アメリカのソルトルアーだけを使い、釣果を報告すること......。そして1年が経過した時、私は、この馬鹿馬鹿しい制約を解除しないことに決めました。今もまだ、アメリカのルアーだけを使っているのです。)

Aug 31, 2026

(No. 1450) No Fish but Beautiful Scenery at Ikesu in Etomo (恵曇の生須にて釣果なしも美しき景色)










This post has more photos than usual. It's because the scenery around Ikesu is very beautiful, but my photographic ability is limited, so I had to take many photos. Originally I intended to go first to Nanbo this morning, which is one of breakwaters in Etomo Harbor. The sea had been a bit rough until yesterday, and there is a point in Nanbo where you have a bigger chance to catch fish when or immediately after the sea is choppy. However, the point was already taken when I arrived. So I went to Ikesu, which is adjacent to Etomo Harbor. I brushed away a lot of spiderwebs across the path to Ikesu. No one seemed to have walked the path since I walked last time. You may notice that my Spinfisher 750SSM is not "double-handled" any more. I had encountered the same issue again. I love my “double-handled” spinning reels, but they feel too heavy especially when I have to walk up and down a steep path in the woods. So my reel returned to its normal set-up again. No fish responded, regardless of my reel set-up.
(今日の投稿は、いつもよりも写真が多目です。生須周辺の景色はとても美しいのですが、私の写真の腕前は限られているため、たくさん写真を撮らざるを得ないのです。今朝はもともと、恵曇港の防波堤の一つである南防に最初、行くつもりでした。昨日まで海が少し荒れていたのですが、南防には、海が波立っている時やその直後に、魚の釣れる可能性の高まるポイントが一つあるのです。しかし、私が着いた時には、そのポイントには既に先客がいました。そこで恵曇港に隣接する生須に行きました。生須へ至る小道に張っているたくさんの蜘蛛の巣を払いました。私が前回歩いた後、誰もその小道を歩いていないのかもしれません。ところで、私のスピンフィッシャー750SSMが、もう「ダブルハンドル」ではないことに気づかれたかもしれませんね。私はまたもや、同じ問題に直面したのです。「ダブルハンドル」のスピニングリールは大好きなのですが、特に林の中の急な小道を上り下りしなければならない時、重すぎると感じます。そこでリールを再びノーマルの状態に戻しました。リールの状態を変えても、魚からの反応はありません。)

No comments:

Post a Comment