About this blog (このブログのこと)

My photo
After living in the United States for 15 years, I came back to my hometown Matsue, a small city in the western part of Japan, in November 2014. I imposed a simple rule on myself. Use only American saltwater lures for at least one year and report what they catch...... When a year had passed since then, I decided not to lift this ridiculous restriction. I am still using only American lures.(2014年11月、15年間のアメリカ生活を終え、島根県松江市に帰郷した私は、自分自身に一つのルールを課しました。少なくとも1年間、アメリカのソルトルアーだけを使い、釣果を報告すること......。そして1年が経過した時、私は、この馬鹿馬鹿しい制約を解除しないことに決めました。今もまだ、アメリカのルアーだけを使っているのです。)

Aug 24, 2026

(No. 1453) Culprit is My Swimming? (犯人は私の水泳なのか?)




I went to Kurauchi Bay first to give thanks to it. The second round of my book club was successful last Friday, and the fact that I had purified myself in the bay before the event might have led to the success (If interested in the conclusion of the book club, you can read my report although it's in Japanese). Then, I went to Nadaika in Tayu. The sea was calm and clear. I threw my favorite plugs in vain and then swam around. While swimming, I wondered how many fishermen do fish and swim alternately at one fishing spot. I had finally realized my swimming around a fishing spot might have damaged my chance of catching fish. On one of recent posts, I wrote “It might be true that there are much fewer fish than before.” And, one of my readers left a comment on it. It says, “No. Fish are around.” Then, the idea flashed into my mind. The culprit might be my swimming?  My swimming might scare the fish away? Hmmm.
(まず、倉内湾に感謝の気持ちを伝えに行きました。先週の金曜日、例の読書会が成功裏に終わったのですが、その前に倉内湾で身を清めていたことが、その成功につながったのかもしれないと思ったのです(あの読書会の締めくくりにご興味があれば、私のリポートをお読みください)。それから私は、手結の灘イカへ行きました。海は穏やかで澄んでいました。お気に入りのルアーを投げても無駄だったので、私は泳ぎ回りました。泳ぎながら、釣りと水泳を釣り場で交互に行う釣り人は、果たしてどれくらいいるのだろうかと考えました。釣り場で泳ぎ回っているせいで、魚の釣れる可能性が損なわれているのかもしれないと、私はようやく気づいたのです。最近の投稿の一つにおいて、「以前よりも魚の数がずっと少なくなっているのは、事実かもしれません」と書いたところ、読者さんからコメントをいただきました。「いや魚はいます」とのこと。その時、この考えが頭に浮かんだのです。犯人は、私の水泳なのか? 私が泳ぐので、魚を追い払ってしまっているのか? うーん。)

No comments:

Post a Comment