About this blog (このブログのこと)

My photo
After living in the United States for 15 years, I came back to my hometown Matsue, a small city in the western part of Japan, in November 2014. I imposed a simple rule on myself. Use only American saltwater lures for at least one year and report what they catch...... When a year had passed since then, I decided not to lift this ridiculous restriction. I am still using only American lures.(2014年11月、15年間のアメリカ生活を終え、島根県松江市に帰郷した私は、自分自身に一つのルールを課しました。少なくとも1年間、アメリカのソルトルアーだけを使い、釣果を報告すること......。そして1年が経過した時、私は、この馬鹿馬鹿しい制約を解除しないことに決めました。今もまだ、アメリカのルアーだけを使っているのです。)

Aug 19, 2026

(No. 1450) No Fish at Ikesu in Etomo (恵曇の生須にて釣果なし)







The maintenance of the path toward Ikesu has been completed, and this morning I went there to seriously catch fish. As you may already know, I am not very eager to catch fish. Just throwing my favorite lures makes me more than happy. Only occasionally do I feel like actually catching fish. Today is one of such days. I have not caught any fish for a while, and I think it’s primarily because I am not very eager to catch fish, but these days I also feel it’s because there might be fewer fish in the sea due to some reasons. If the number of fish is actually decreasing, it’s sad. This morning I wanted to check if it’s true or not. So I used a set of tackle whose fish-catching ability I believe is greater than others; the rod is the Gamakatsu Pop Shaft 83, the reel is the PENN Spinfisher 750SSM, and the lures are the Super Strike Zig Zag and Little Neck Popper. This morning I was eager to catch fish, but nothing happened. It might be true that there are much fewer fish than before.
(生須へ至る小道の整備は完了しており、今朝、私が生須に行ったのは、本格的に釣りをするためでした。おそらく皆さんもご存じの通り、私は、魚を実際に釣り上げることにはあまり熱心ではありません。お気に入りのルアーをただ投げるだけで、十分に幸せなのです。私が心から魚を釣りたいという気持ちになるのは、ごくたまになのです。そして、今日はまさにそんな日でした。私にはしばらく魚が釣れていないのですが、それは主に、私が実際に魚を釣り上げることにはあまり熱心ではないからだと思います。しかし最近は、何らかの理由により、海にいる魚の数が減ってきているから、私に魚が釣れないのではないかとも感じています。もし本当に魚の数が減っているとしたら、悲しいことです。今朝はそれが事実かどうか確かめようと思いました。そこで、他のタックルよりも実釣能力が高いと思われるタックルを用意しました。ロッドは、ガマカツのポップ・シャフト83、リールは、PENNのスピンフィッシャー750SSM、そしてルアーは、スーパーストライクのジグザグとリトルネックポッパーです。今朝は本当に魚を釣ろうと意気込んでいましたが、何も起きませんでした。以前よりも魚の数がずっと少なくなっているのは、事実かもしれません。)

No comments:

Post a Comment