I have been to Nadaika in Tayu a few times since my last post. It’s a new fishing spot for me, so everything there looks fresh and great except for my catch. No fish has responded to my plugs. Same old, same old. I have nothing to write about my fishing at Nadaika, so I want to write about a recent discovery about my favorite spinning reel, the PENN Battle III 6000DX. I found there is a mysterious slit in its body, as shown in the above photo. The slit is hidden by the plastic black rear cover. Once the rear cover is taken away, the inside of the gearbox is open to the outside through the slit. What is this for? It reminded me of drain holes that some conventional or bait-casting reels have on their bodies, such as my PENN Fathom II. Unlike other, more expensive spinning reels, such as the PENN Slammer or Spinfisher, the Battle III spinning reels are not “sealed” reels. As a result, they are more prone to water intrusion. That’s why they have drain slits? Anyway, for fishermen like me who submerge their reels in fresh water after each fishing trip in order to give a thorough rinse, this slit should work as drainage. Another reason to love my PENN Battle III reel.
(前回の投稿以来、手結の灘イカに何度か行っています。私にとって新しい釣り場なので、すべてが新鮮で素晴らしいのです。ただし、釣果を除けばの話です。プラグに魚が全く反応しません。まあ、それはいつものことですね。そのため、灘イカでの釣りについては書くことがなく、今日は、私のお気に入りのスピニングリール、PENNのバトルIII 6000DXについて、最近発見したことを書きたいと思います。上の写真にあるように、このリールの本体には謎のスリット(隙間)があるのです。このスリットは、黒いプラスチック製のリアカバーで隠されています。リアカバーを取り外すと、ギアボックスの内部が、スリットを通して、外部に通じます。さて、このスリットは何のためにあるのでしょう? 両軸リールやベイトキャスティングリールの一部にある、水抜き穴を思い出させます。PENNのスラマーやスピンフィッシャーのような、より高価な他のスピニングリールと異なり、バトルIII は「密閉型」のリールではありません。その結果、内部に水が浸入しやすくなっているのです。それが理由で、排水用のスリットが作ってあるのでしょうか? いずれにせよ、私のように釣行後にリールを真水に浸してしっかりすすぐ釣り人にとっては、このスリットは排水口として機能してくれるはずです。PENNのバトルIIIリールを愛する理由が、また一つ増えました。)

No comments:
Post a Comment