About this blog (このブログのこと)

My photo
After living in the United States for 15 years, I came back to my hometown Matsue, a small city in the western part of Japan, in November 2014. I imposed a simple rule on myself. Use only American saltwater lures for at least one year and report what they catch...... When a year had passed since then, I decided not to lift this ridiculous restriction. I am still using only American lures.(2014年11月、15年間のアメリカ生活を終え、島根県松江市に帰郷した私は、自分自身に一つのルールを課しました。少なくとも1年間、アメリカのソルトルアーだけを使い、釣果を報告すること......。そして1年が経過した時、私は、この馬鹿馬鹿しい制約を解除しないことに決めました。今もまだ、アメリカのルアーだけを使っているのです。)

Apr 16, 2017

(No. 265) No Fish at KSB in Spring 2017 (2017年春のKSBにて釣果なし)





The contestants of the Kameya Sea Bass Battle (KSB) were registered in a parking lot in Yonago City of Tottori Prefecture, and the contest officially started at 5 p.m. yesterday. Considering that a flock of contestants would go to the Ohashi River, I drove to Eshima Ohashi Bridge over the border between Tottori and Shimane Prefectures. I don’t like fishing at a crowded spot very much. As I had expected, there was no fisherman under Eshima Ohashi Bridge when I arrived. I started the run-and-gun style fishing under the bridge, and then drove to a few other fishing spots in Lake Nakaumi including under Omisaki Bridge, one spot in Lake Shinji, and one spot in the Ohashi River. I even waded in the river, but no Japanese sea bass hit my big American and a few Swedish lures. I came home at 11:45 p.m. to take a short sleep.
(「かめやシーバス・バトル」(KSB)の出場者たちの登録は、鳥取県の米子市にある駐車場で行われ、大会は昨日の午後5時に正式に幕を開けました。出場者の多くが大橋川へ行くとにらんだ私は、鳥取県と島根県の境にかかる江島大橋へ向かいました。混んでいる場所で釣るのは、あまり好きではないのです。期待していた通り、私が到着した時、江島大橋の下に、釣り人の姿はありませんでした。私は江島大橋の下からラン&ガン方式で釣り始め、大海崎橋の下を含む中海の別の数カ所、そして宍道湖の一か所、そして大橋川の一か所で釣りました。大橋川ではウェーダーを着用して川の中に入ったりまでもしましたが、大きなアメリカ製ルアーそしていくつかのスウェーデン製ルアーを襲うスズキはいません。私は午後11時45分に帰宅し、短い睡眠を取りました。)
I woke up at 4 a.m. sharp without the help of my alarm. I drove to Omisaki Bridge in Lake Nakaumi again to fish under the bridge, and then to Eshima Ohashi Bridge again in order to conclude the contest. Although I could not catch the fish in time for the deadline of the contest, which is 8 a.m., I wanted to know the result of the contest. So I drove to the parking lot at which the registration was conducted yesterday. The lot was apparently full, and there was a person standing around the gate of the lot guiding me to an adjacent space. I parked my car at the space, but it looked part of a private property. I felt a slight sense of incongruity, but I walked to the original parking lot to know the result. A few guest pro fishermen were giving a lecture to the contestants, and the announcement of result seemed to follow it. The lecture did not end very soon. My sense of incongruity grew bigger and bigger, and finally it made me walk back to the adjacent space before the result was announced. Just as I had feared, a guy that came out of a nearby building approached me. He quietly said, “Not in here. This is a private property.” I had to leave the space immediately, and that’s why I could not report the result of KSB in Spring 2017 to you.
(目覚まし時計の助けを借りずに、午前4時ちょうどに私は目覚めました。橋の下で釣るために中海の大海崎橋へ再び向かい、それから、大会を締めくくるために江島大橋にも再び行きました。大会の締め切り時間である午前8時に間に合うまでの間に、私は魚を釣ることはできませんでした。しかし、大会の結果を知りたいと思いました。ですので、昨日、出場者登録が行われた駐車場へ戻りました。見たところ駐車場は満車のようで、その入口には係の人が立っていて、私を隣のスペースに誘導するのでした。私はそこに駐車したのですが、どうもそこは、私有地の一部に見えます。かすかな違和感を覚えたものの、大会結果を知りたかったので、元の駐車場まで歩きました。ゲストとして来られていた数人のプロの釣り人が、レクチャーをしておられます。大会結果の発表はレクチャーの後にあるようです。しかし、レクチャーはなかなか終わりません。私の違和感はますます強まり、ついに私は、大会結果が発表される前に、隣の駐車スペースへ戻ることにしました。恐れていた通り、近くの建物から男性が現れ、こちらに近づいてこられます。彼は穏やかに言いました。「だめだめ。ここは私有地ですよ」。私はそのスペースから即座に離れねばなりませんでした。そのため皆さんに、KSB in スプリング 2017の結果をお知らせできないのです。)

No comments:

Post a Comment